The best chicken ramen you will ever come across, all from your own home. A great recipe to share or easy to have on your own on the cooler nights ahead.
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1½ tsp tamari sauce, reduced sodium
- 2 chicken breast fillets, boneless and skinless)
- 2-3 cups ramen noodles GF (I buy mine from Woolworths)
- 1 cup sliced cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 green onions, chopped
- hot chili oil- to taste (or sriracha)
- Add whole eggs (shell on) to a medium size saucepan and cover with enough water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, remove from heat. Cover saucepan and let sit for 7 minutes. Remove eggs with tongs or a slotted spoon and submerge in a bowl of ice water. Set aside. This process will yield soft set eggs which are typically used in ramen bowls, if you prefer you can hard boil eggs instead.
- Meanwhile, in a separate soup pot (or medium saucepan) add chicken broth and soy sauce and bring to a boil. Add the chicken breasts and continue cooking until thoroughly cooked (about 8-10 min.). Remove chicken breasts from broth, let cool to touch, and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to broth.
- Add ramen noodles to pot with broth and shredded chicken. Cook noodles according to time indicated on package (approx. 3-5 min.) Add additional chicken broth or water as necessary. Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Peel and halve eggs, set aside.
- Remove soup from heat. Add cabbage and carrots. Serve immediately. Garnish with one egg half and chopped green onions. Drizzle chili oil according to taste
- I like to sprinkle black sesame seeds and chilli flakes over the top of this before i serve it up!