Need a salad that will give you the warm and fuzzies on the inside? This autumn inspired salad is fantastic to go with any meat on the BBQ and will make for a great leftover lunch for the next day!
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into rough chunks
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tbs turmeric
- 4tbs cold pressed rapeseed oil
- 4 raw beetroots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 x 400g of chickpeas, canned is fine
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 small pack of coriander, roughly chopped
- 50g of toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas. Put the carrots, potatoes and pumpkin in a large bowl. Sprinkle over ¾ of the spices and ¾ of the oil. Toss to combine and season. Transfer to two large roasting trays. Add the beetroot to the same bowl, and toss in the remaining oil, spices and some seasoning, then divide between the roasting trays (coating the beetroot separately will stop everything turning purple). Roast the veg for 45 mins or until tender, tossing halfway. Add the chickpeas to the tray, stir, then return to the oven for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix the onion with the vinegar and some seasoning. Set aside to pickle.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables to a sharing platter, stir through the pickled onions and their vinegar, the herbs and almonds, and serve.