Autumn is on its way and we will be looking some warming breakfast’s in no time at all! Here is a great one to get you started. A creamy quinoa pudding that will keep you going all morning.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup organic quinoa (I mixed red and black)
- Seeds from half a pomegranate
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted & chopped
- Agave (I just drizzled a small amount on top)
- OPTIONAL I always add protein powder to my quinoa pudding however you will need to add a little more liquid.
Bring almond milk, water, cinnamon and quinoa to a boil. Reduce to low-medium heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. While quinoa is cooking, place pecans on a small pan over medium heat for a few minutes, tossing occasionally, until lightly toasted. When quinoa has finished cooking, add the protein powder first then combine with raisins, pecans and pomegranate seeds, and top with a drizzle of agave or honey.