Sometimes things happen, where everything seems to go wrong, and this is going to happen no matter what. The problem is with “bad days” is that we don’t handle them well. Where one bad moment ends up being a bad day which end ups becoming bad weeks to bad months.
When it comes to your health the fastest way out of bad days whether that be doing a protocol that didn’t work, or not achieving what you set out to achieve is to use it as a guide to what didn’t work and a lesson. Remember to ask yourself – How is this going to serve me? What lessons am I learning right now that are going to help me move forward.
I am a little bit of perfectionist, okay maybe just a little bit more than a little, and no I am not a perfectionist with grammar I am perfectionist when it comes to my own health and others health only because I know what It feels like to be healthy and I want nothing more than them to feel that way too. But I have learnt that making a “mistake” is not all that bad, and actually good for the soul. The main thing is that you don’t make one mistake a whole day of guilt and worrying. I wouldn’t even call them a mistake anymore, I enjoy what I have, and I never allow myself to feel restricted.
I don’t wait for Monday to roll around or for the next new month, birthday, or New Year. I move forward positively the next minute, the next hour, the next meal (if it is food related). t’s a FACT that it takes 66 days for something to become a habit and 6 months for it to become part of your personality.
Throughout this Christmas period you may consume more then you usually would or treat yourself. It is really important to have a healthy relationship when it comes to you and your food. Here are some ways to conquer a positive mindset this Christmas Period.
- if you are tracking just factor that in the extra food, and reduce down on other parts of the day or up the energy out ratio (go for an extra walk or join us for the semi-private personal training) 😉
- Just improve your next meal. Don’t wait until the next week or next day, just get back into it the very next meal.
- Apply the 80/20 rule. I love this rule 80% healthy and 20% more relaxed mindset allows me to have a positive relationship when it comes to food choices, and knowing that I can have that 20% relaxed really allows me to enjoy the other 80%
- Slow down when consuming. A more mindful eating practice allows you to connect with your food and have a stronger relationship what food aka our fuel gives us. When you connect with your food you also allow yourself to feel when you are actually hungry rather than just eating for the sake of eating. Remember it takes 15 minutes for you to feel satiation. So, chew your food and be mindful when consuming.
- Fill up on nutrient dense foods. Vegetables with plenty of fiber allows you to feel fuller for longer and give you all the necessary nutrients.
We are lucky we are in Australia for Christmas, with the warmer weather I believe it is easier to consume better food, and do more activity so take advantage of it.
Most importantly is to not count your worth on it, do not feel guilty this will only lead to even more bad days, and bad choices.
Remember you got this!
I purposely have a coach so that I am reminded that I have got this, to guide me when I steer the opposite direction and to always have my best self in interest. Hiring a coach could be exactly what you need to get yourself on track.
If you believe a coach could help you or friend/family member we have 3 more amazing Christmas Vouchers left. You will receive 4 personal training sessions, 2 weeks of unlimited group classes, 2 weeks of studio access plus an RFT drink bottle for either yourself or family or friend. A great way to start 2019. See what the difference a coach can make in your life.
Real Fitness Training is an educational personal training studio focusing on long term sustainable results for our clients. We have been helping 1000s gain back their health, energy, and achieving amazing results. We are located in the heart of the Hills District. Our services include personal training, semi-private personal training, yoga, education, meditation and nutrition. We have been creating optimal lifestyles since 2013.
If you are looking for the right guidance, support, accountability, and motivation look no further then Real Fitness Training. We have created a non-intimdating environment where everyone cares about you and your results. Contact us today if you are looking for a result like Jacquie’s.