- 3 beautifully seasonal medium beetroots
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small leek, finely diced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth, warm
- ¼ tsp pink salt
- 1 tbsp chia, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, 1 teaspoon coconut milk, to garnish
- Place the unpeeled beet roots in a pot, cover with water, bring to boil then simmer for 30 minutes until tender.
- Drain from water and set aside to cool.
- Heat the coconut oil in a cast iron skillet, add the onions, garlic, leek, and carrot and cook for 5-7 minutes over low heat. Remove from the heat and transfer onto a plate.
- Peel the beet roots, cut into cubes, and add into the blender, together with the cooked vegetables and warm vegetable broth.
- Process to obtain a smooth cream.
- Season with salt and serve garnished with mixed seeds.
Think of this soup as a winter detox soup. It is vegan friendly and will keep you toasty and warm during the colder days. A great option when it comes to meal prep.