Mindset plays a big part when it comes to anyone’s and everyone’s health and wellness journey. A positive mindset will always win over a negative mindset and a growth-based mindset will benefit you more than a closed-based mindset. What do these mean exactly? Before I share with you the different type of mindset let me tell you why they are pivotal when it comes to results or success.
If we are positive internally than externally we will create the same environment, by encouraging a positive mindset we can also create a positive exterior. How do we create a positive mindset? It all starts with one positive thought. Positive thinking often starts with self-talk. Self-talk is the endless stream of unspoken thoughts that run through your head. These automatic thoughts can be positive or negative. Some of your self-talk comes from logic and reason. If the thoughts that run through your head are mostly negative, your outlook on life is more likely pessimistic. If your thoughts are mostly positive, you’re likely an optimist — someone who practices positive thinking. Positive thinking is a powerful tool that becomes stronger the more we practice it the stronger it becomes.
Researchers continue to explore the effects of positive thinking and optimism on health. Health benefits that positive thinking may provide include:
· Increased life span
· Lower rates of depression
· Lower levels of distress
· Greater resistance to the common cold
· Better psychological and physical well-being
· Better cardiovascular health and reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease
· Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress
It’s unclear why people who engage in positive thinking experience these health benefits. One theory is that having a positive mindset enables you to cope better with stressful situations, which reduces the harmful health effects of stress on your body. It’s also thought that positive and optimistic people tend to live healthier lifestyles — they get more physical activity, follow a healthier diet, and don’t smoke or drink alcohol in excess.
A negative mindset on the other hand has damaging effects to the brain and our self-esteem so stepping away from that state of mind will help improve many things, such as;
· Negative thoughts
· Self esteem
· Self sabotage habits
Some ways to eleviate these symptoms is to practice meditation and yoga on a regular basis. “Journaling” by writing down things you are grateful for throughout your day and what has made you thankful throughout your week. complimenting people is another great way to project positivity and in return positive energy will be exchanged, making someone’s day without reason is always a positive.
Holding onto negative thoughts and feelings will only project that same energy into the universe, only to repeat the process. The best ways to step away from
the negative mindset and begin to practice a positive or growth-based mindset is to put into practice the following steps and use these on a daily basis.
1. Read about this subject, think about its benefits, and persuade yourself to try it. The power of your thoughts is a mighty power that is always shaping your life. This shaping is usually done subconsciously, but it is possible to make the process a conscious one. Even if the idea seems strange, give it a try. You have nothing to lose, but only to gain.
2. Ignore what other people say or think about you, if they discover that you are changing the way you think.
3. Use your imagination to visualize only favourable and beneficial situations.
4. Use positive words in your inner dialogues, or when talking with others.
5. Smile a little more, as this helps to think positively.
6. Once a negative thought enters your mind, you have to be aware of it, and endeavour to replace it with a constructive one. If the negative thought returns, replace it again with a positive one. It is as if there are two pictures in front of you, and you have to choose to look at one of them, and disregard the other. Persistence will eventually teach your mind to think positively, and to ignore negative thoughts.
7. In case you experience inner resistance and difficulties when replacing negative thoughts with positive ones, do not give up, but keep looking only at the beneficial, good and happy thoughts in your mind.
8. It doesn’t matter what your circumstances are at the present moment. Think positively, expect only favourable results and situations, and circumstances will change accordingly. If you persevere, you will transform the way your mind thinks. It might take some time for the changes to take place, but eventually they will.
9. Another useful technique is the repetition of affirmations. This technique is similar to creative visualization, and can be used together with positive thinking.
So whether you are a fixed mindset or growth-based mindset sort of person, you can change from a fixed to growth with the power of positive thinking. And for those of you who are a growth-based mindset you can always grow and improve your positive state of mind with previous recommendations. Learning and growing as a human is what makes us better and more powerful within ourselves. Spread the positivity to grow more positivity amongst us.
Real Fitness Training is a boutique wellness studio located in the Hills District which includes the surrounding suburbs of Castle Hill, Baulkham Hills, Kellyville, Bella Vista, Castle Hill, Cherrybrook, Glenorie, West Pennant Hills, Glenwood and Rouse Hill. Our services include personal training, semi-private personal training, yoga, meditation and nutrition. Creating optimal lifestyles since 2013.