Look no further for the ultimate raw snickers slice. This one was a hit with the team here yesterday, everyone gave it the thumbs up including Coach Matt (it must be good.) So easy and such a great treat for everyone to enjoy.
- 1 cup / 150g Almonds,
- 1 cup / 150g Dates
- 4 tbsp Peanut butter, or any other nut butter
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 4.4 oz / 125g Chocolate
- Nuts: pistachios / almonds / hazelnuts / any nut for decoration
How to make
- Blend together the almonds and dates until they are broken up and combined.
- Spread the mixture out in a dish using your fingers.
- Mix together the peanut butter, maple, sea salt and vanilla.
- Spread the nutty salted caramel on top of the almond and date base.
- Place in the freezer for half an hour to firm up.
- Remove from the freezer and chop into small bite size squares.
- Melt the chocolate and chop up the nuts for the topping.
- Hold each square with a fork over the bowl of chocolate and spoon over melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle on the nuts while the chocolate is still liquid then put on a wire rack in the fridge.
- Enjoy these salted caramel treats straight away or store in the fridge where they will stay good for a few weeks.
MACROS: FAT 8g, CARBS 25g, PRO 4g